Sunday, October 4, 2009

Event assignment

My event will be the opening of my new nightclub in Boston, MA called Club Darko. My plan is to take an empty parking lot that sits behind a restaurant in China Town, and turn it into an 18+ outdoor nightclub that stays open Friday and Saturday nights. Admission into the club will be $10 per person, and everyone attending must wear Converse high top sneakers.


Club Darko is strategically placed in China Town so that kids can grab a bite to eat before hitting the club for a night of high energy dancing. The nightclub will have four DJ's working every Friday and Saturday night, stationed along the outer rim of the parking lot, all bumping the same electro-pop and space disco tracks. It might be more fun if they each had different music playing, which would essentially create four smaller dance parties inside the club. Trees adorned in white christmas lights will line the outer edge of the parking lot and disco balls will hang from a few necessary structures.

8 comments:

  1. This is a really great idea. I remember how hard it was being 18 there wasn't much to do. I went to a Catholic high school and the school dance's were lame. I actually thought about you/Club Darko the other day when I was shoe shopping at DSW they had a pair of black converse boots on sale. Would you let someone in wearing those or is the dress code strictly high top sneakers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with Shauna. It's hard to find fun activities at the age of 18. Your product is something different and I would definitely visit Club Darko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support! :) In response to your question Shauna, the dress code is strictly high tops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't go clubbing, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are many outside nightclubs around here. That's something that would make your club stand out--and with the 18+ and Converse sneakers, Club Darko sounds unique. Cool ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the dress code of Converse sneakers. It makes for a nice conversation starter if you are at a club. And I definitely like the idea of it being outside. That would be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun time, I remember when I had a pair of converse shoes in middle school. Great idea though, definatly got something in the making. If it ever opens and you need a DJ, you know who to look for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this club will thrive! Great idea! I actually saw some Converse sneakers today at Off Broadway Shoes and thought of Club Darko! haha They had a bunch on sale, which is perfect for the kids on a low budget!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think making ANY sort of place for this age group to gather would be a gold mine. Before you turn 21 it's horrible trying to find something fun to do once your past high school.

    ReplyDelete